Prescott area ranching: a partial history
Las Vegas Ranch has been an operating cattle ranch under various names since the late 1890's. The name Las Vegas means "the meadows" and this accurately describes the area: a sea of grass fed by shallow artesian wells.
Las Vegas Ranch was home to the first Registered Hereford Cattle in the area brought to the ranch by Barney York from Albert Mitchel's Tequesquite Ranch in New Mexico in the late 1920's. Previously known as the Cross Triangle Ranch, the name was changed to reflect new ownership.
Delbert Pierce and his family have owned the ranch since 1959. The Steve and Joan Pierce family now own the ranch, and with a new generation of grandchildren already arrived, the ranch will be in good hands for decades to come.
Today Las Vegas Ranch is home to registered Hereford and Angus cattle and continues to sell reputation breeding stock across the Southwest. With the help of Larry Stark, the ranch has begun breeding racing quarter horses and has recently set the record at Turf Paradise for 400 yards. Active in the community, Las Vegas Ranch is proud of its heritage and proud to be a part of Prescott Frontier Days and the Prescott Rodeo.
|HOME - HISTORY - RACE HORSES - CATTLE - BULLS FOR SALE|